Eatmosphere and Proef! present project TERROIR
Terroir is an in-depth investigation of the past, present and future of our Terroir, our Flemish food culture. Every two months a typical terroir product is put in the spotlight. The two brands aim to inspire through the development of innovative products with residual flows of these terroir products and culinary events. This will promote the biodiversity of Flanders, strengthen our culinary identity & making sustainable production more viable.
The foodlab & test kitchen is entirely dependent on the creative minds of the people they co-create with. They want to elaborate on some of them as they are the true innovators, pushing boundaries to make YOUR dining & drinking experience exceptional.
- Team Willem Hiele http://restaurant.willemhiele.be is visiting the lab to develop new techniques & products. They mainly focus on different fermentation techniques for their menu both drinks & food.
- We work together with Nicolas Decloedt of https://humushortense.be/ in the same way. They even presented some of our joint work, a mushroom miso, at Chef's Collective in Oostend.
- For Restaurant Bon-Bon** https://www.restaurant-bon-bon.be they develop new products such as freeze dried beer powder.
- Innovation is also about the adaptation & optimalisation of "classical" food concepts. Frituur Tartaar currently uses the lab space to upscale their production & develop new (vegan) products.
- The lab has been part of the Belgian Bocuse d'or development team in preparation for Lyon. So they all stand behind & strongly support Lode De Roover and his team for the competition this month.
- They are currently also researching cross pollination of fermentation techniques, vacuum water distillation, freeze drying, microbiological mixology, ultrason infusion etc etc... Follow the experiments https://www.instagram.com/foodlabproef/?hl=en